Warranty for Rebuilt Distributors:
Each rebuilt distributor shipped from the VWNOS is warranted as follows:
1. (a) For a period of twelve (12) months and will, except as excluded below, at its option repair or replace on an exchange basis any unit, component or part manufactured or supplied by it which within the applicable twelve (12) month or TBO period is returned to a VWNOS representative authorized to handle the unit covered by this warranty and which upon examination is found to the satisfaction of VWNOS to be defective in material or workmanship. The warranty activation date is the date the unit is invoice date. VWNOS will not assume any responsibility for the repair or replacement of accessories, i.e. parts which have been purchased from a manufacturer as a complete and finished unit and included in the assembly of an unit without altering the unit, including, but not limited to engine, carburetors, starters, alternators, turbochargers and fuel controls. After the expiration of the twelve (12) month period, accessories will be subject to such warranty coverage as may be provided by their manufacturer. (b) VWNOS will pay for reasonable labor costs associated with repairs or replacements under paragraph 1(a) of this warranty and for "troubleshooting" costs associated with identifying the need for such repairs or replacements when coordinated through an authorized VWNOS representative. The amount of repair and replacement labor costs allowed will be in accordance with the latest revision of the warranty labor allowance schedule. The amount of "troubleshooting" costs allowed will be the reasonable costs under the circumstances of identifying the need for such repairs or replacements, but in no event will the "troubleshooting" costs allowed exceed fifteen percent (15%) of the labor costs associated with such repairs or replacements allowed by VWNOS. No "troubleshooting" cost allowance will be made where the need for repairs or replacements is identified in the course of overhaul, routine maintenance or on the basis of an obvious defect. (c) VWNOS will pay return transportation costs in connection with the repair or replacement of the unit, found to the satisfaction of VWNOS to be defective in material or workmanship under paragraph 1(a) of this warranty. The unit, component or part must be shipped prepaid to the repair facility designated by VWNOS.
2. VWNOS reserves the right at its option to replace any defective part with either a new or rebuilt part.
3. Repair or replacement of any part under this warranty will not extend the period of warranty coverage set forth above.
4. This warranty applies only to rebuilt distributors in which parts manufactured or supplied by VWNOS or parts manufactured been used and nothing contained herein should be construed as a warranty by VWNOS of any part not manufactured or supplied by VWNOS. VWNOS accepts no responsibility for the failure of any unit or part which it does not manufacture or supply or damage resulting from such failure.
5. This warranty applies only to rebuilt distributors which have been installed, inspected and maintained in accordance with the instructions for continued worthiness, including compliance with all applicable service bulletins issued by VWNOS, the vehicle manufacturer or any accessory or component manufacturer. Performance of recommended inspections and maintenance must be documented by appropriate logbook entries and the logbook must accompany any unit being returned for warranty consideration.
6. This warranty does not apply to any unit, component or part manufactured or supplied by VWNOS which (1) has been subject to misuse, neglect or accident; (2) has been installed, repaired, maintained or altered in any way that in the judgment of VWNOS has adversely affected the condition of the unit; (3) has been operated inconsistent with VWNOS and vehicle manufacturer recommendations and limitations (such as, but not limited to engine RPM, temperature, manifold pressure, fuel flow and proper system adjustment) or (4) has been changed from its original configuration.
7. VWNOS will not be responsible for repair or replacement of any unit, component or part damaged or worn as a result of corrosion, pre-ignition/detonation, operation with non-calibrated engine gauges, improper fuel system adjustment, non-VWNOS approved fuel and oil grades or additives or installation of parts, components or accessories that alter the engine’s original type design.
8. The provisions of this warranty do not apply to normal maintenance service (such as engine tuneups, adjustments, inspections, engine or component overhaul resulting from time between overhaul (TBO) recommendations, etc.) or to the replacement of normal service items (such as spark plugs, filters, hoses, belts, etc.).
9. VWNOS reserves the right to change any unit or part specifications or prices without incurring any responsibility with regard to unit or parts previously sold or replaced.
10. THIS WARRANTY IS A WARRANTY TO REPAIR OR REPLACE AND NOT A WARRANTY OF THE CONDITION OR FUTURE PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS WHICH IT COVERS. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, THERE ARE NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT WILL VWNOS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY DEFECT IN ANY ENGINE OR PART, ARISING OUT OF THE FAILURE OF ANY ENGINE OR PART TO OPERATE PROPERLY, OR ARISING OUT OF ANY BREACH OF THE WARRANTY MADE HEREIN. NO PERSON IS AUTHORIZED TO GIVE ANY OTHER WARRANTY OR TO ASSUME ANY ADDITIONAL OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY ON BEHALF OF VWNOS.
11. Under absolutely no circumstance whatsoever shall either Party be liable to the other Party for any punitive, consequential, special or other damages, exceeding the Fee paid for product.
12. The default limited warranty does not cover used vacuum canisters originally purchased with rebuilt unit. The buyer acknowledges that by purchasing a unit with a used vacuum canister they are receiving a used vacuum canister that may fail before the warranty expiration. The warranty does not cover used vacuum canisters.